Topics: Lower School
Rebuilding 3100: A Design Series Blog, Part One
We came together as a community on Thurs., Aug. 2, 2018, to raise the foundational pillar for Minnehaha’s 3100 Campus. It was an act of remembrance and a sincere step of faith as we look to reconstruct a school purposed to nourish the mind and spirit.
Topics: 3100 Campus
It can be an incredible thing to look back on the life of someone who has lived with a view to the common good. Today we invite you to see how one Alum made it his goal to live well, and live fully.
His passion about issues surrounding population growth and supporting resources fueled a life of research.
An accomplished geologist-turned-consultant, he visited more than 70 countries—including a trip across the whole of Siberia and one over the Andes Mountains, followed by 500 miles on boat down the Peruvian Ucayali River— and wrote more than 150 articles and penned 10 books, two of which were published by the Wall Street Journal.
- Graduated from Bethel Seminary with a Masters of Divinity
- Obtained a PhD in theology and ethics from Cambridge University
- Currently a professor of Christian Ethics at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville
- Chairs the department of Worldview and Culture
- Writing his first book
- Graduated with honors from Gustavus Adolphus
- Received her Doctor of Law from Mitchell Hamline Law School (2017)
- Volunteered to assist advocates for domestic violence victims
- Works as a law clerk for a district court judge
Developing A Wider Vision
Kristine McLean ('10) spent a brief few years at Minnehaha Academy, but this season widened her view of the world and instilled a greater vision for service to others.
- Graduated fromVillanova University with a degree in Criminology
- Volunteered in multiple countries including Haiti, Belize, Mexico, and Namibia
- Studying law at the University of St. Thomas
- Awarded the Becker Student Volunteer Award
- Plans to start a mission-driven business
Ciao! The trip to Italy was a fantastic immersive experience for Minnehaha Academy Middle School students. They spent the last nine days traveling around Italy with the Middle School Latin teacher Ms. Vitt, Lower School teacher Ms. Classen, science teacher Ms. Humason, and parent chaperones.