While there are only a few cases of illness at Minnehaha Academy's Lower and Middle School, we are closing the Lower & Middle School on Friday and Monday to allow for an industrial cleaning and sanitation. The Lower & Middle School will re-open on Tuesday, February 14th. The Upper School is scheduled to open on Monday, February 13th.
Due to a widespread illness at the Upper School campus we are closing the Upper School for the remainder of the week starting at noon today (Feb. 8). The school building will be closed February 9 and 10, 2017. Lower and Middle School remain in operation.
Our school nurse has been in touch with the MN Department of Health who has shared that the symptoms are indicative of the Norovirus. As a precaution from further spreading this virus, we are closing the Upper School and the building starting at noon today. We are bringing in an industrial cleaning service to thoroughly clean and sanitize our building.
We plan to resume our regular hours for school and business on Monday morning. If you do contract this illness, please stay home for at least 48 hours after all symptoms end.
Topics: Upper School
Four Minnehaha Academy students were invited to perform in the University of Minnesota's Honor Band.
Topics: Upper School
- Dress up in your wackiest Caddyshack-style argyle or plaid golf outfit. (Totally optional, but golfers would wear wrinkled clothes, if it weren't four irons. Or maybe wear your golfer's socks? The pair with a hole in one!)
- Socialize with fellow Minnehaha parents at this adult only Par-tee (Emcee Blake Christianson promises not to play golf, since he doesn’t know how to follow through!)
- Win a “hot” tech gadget by playing Heads and Tails – cash needed to play (So you got that goin’ for you, which is nice!)
- Nosh on scrumptious appetizers, dinner and dessert (But, no cake, golfers hate cake because they might get a slice.)
- Take home priceless Minnehaha experiences and exciting on-the-town packages by bidding on the silent and live auctions (To golf at your favorite course may require a long drive!)
- Support innovative educational tools and experiences that allow faculty to take learning beyond the text books to provide your students with greater access for success!
Four-year-old preschoolers performed a beautiful Christmas pageant for family, friends and Lower School students in the chapel. It was a sweet reminder of the manger and child born long ago in Bethlehem.
Topics: Lower School
It is with grateful hearts that we say thank you to our Minnehaha caring community for your outpouring of support on Give to the Max Day. Thank you to all the alumni, parents, alumni parents, grandparents, faculty, staff and friends who answered our call to honor Minnehaha teachers through gifts to the Minnehaha Fund.